iOS5: All my events are duplicated!
This is a known iOS5 upgrade bug, which can have 3 causes. Please check which of the reasons apply to your device.
Please check first..
- Do the duplicates also show up in the native iOS calendar app?
- Do you have duplicated calendars in the calendar selector?
Duplicated Calendars #1
Your calendars are duplicated by iOS5, appearing under 'From My iPhone' (or 'From my iPod touch' / 'From my Mac') and under iCloud.
- Uncheck the calendars under 'From my iPhone'
- In iTunes, stop syncing your From my Mac calendars in the iTunes settings when your device is plugged in
Duplicated Calendars #2
iCloud incorrectly duplicated all your calendars: under the 'iCloud' header, all your calendars show up twice.
- Uncheck the duplicated calendars
- Delete the duplicated calendars on the iCloud website
iCloud incorrectly duplicated all events in the same calendar as real duplicates. You can see this if unchecking (hiding) one calendar removes all duplicates. The duplicates also show up in the native iOS calendar as well.
Please contact iCloud Support ASAP, since your iCloud upgrade went horribly wrong.